Monday, August 8, 2011

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #20 - It's hot out there!

Click HERE for the Hello Kitty Blog Hop
or Scroll Down

It's time for another fun Monday Challenge at My Craft Spot and we have a good one for you this week!  The theme this week is "It's hot out there" and the challenge is to use hot, bright colors!  Perfect for this weather we are having!  Here is my card.

I was planning on using the bicycle from the April Showers cartridge but it's almost too hot out there to turn my Cricut on!  Well not really, but I found this fun sticker so I went with it! 

I LOVE how the ribbon and the sentiment from Sweet Sentiments Set #1 went perfectly with these Bo Bunny papers!

Products Used:
  • Bo Bunny
    • Sunkissed Stripe PP
    • Ocean Dot
    • Kiwi Double Dot
    • H2O + Sun Cardstock Stickers
  • Stampin' Up!
    • Whisper White Cardstock
    • StazOn Ink
    • Sweet Sentiments Set #1
    • Candied Orange Crinkle Ribbon
I hope this inspires you to hit the air conditioning and create a project using hot, bright colors for our "it's hot out there" challenge at My Craft Spot!  Make sure you swing by and check out the rest of the Design Team's "HOT" projects this week!  Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Jayne said...

Love this card.Such vibrant colours and the ribbon really finishes it well.No need for AC here! Much cooler today in the UK..but the sun is shining!
Jayne x

Rachel said...

Great card! I love the bright colors, and I also love anything with bicycles for some reason!

Vicki said...

Fun, light card!! I think it is great that that the colors of those individual items matched so well!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/

Missy said...

This is adorable Amber, I love the papers!!!

artfuldelight said...

Oooooh, I love it. So bright and colorful!!

JulieK said...

Super cute! I love how you layered all the paper! I'm getting my sewing machine out today ( I have no idea how to use it) and I'm going to try to figure it out!

Rachel said...

Ive been enjoying my AC all summer long :) I love the great little bikes. So pretty!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Amy C said...

Such a fun card!! I love your color choices and your use of the crickle ribbon.

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Arlene said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love the papers and I love the dark stitching...just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love it:) The colors are perfect:)

Maribel said...

I love the stitching! You also combined the colors perfectly!!
Maribel

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a lovely theme Amber

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Amber,AWESOME job with this pretty card!I LOVE the ribbon and the great little bikes,To CUTE!SUPER job my friend!!:)

June Houck said...

Precious and perfect! I love when that happens…that sticker was just waiting for you to think up this fun card.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! I love the fun, bright colors! :)

-Jo:)
Http://joboogie.typepad.com

DIANA L. said...

great card love the paper.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome paper choice. Love your card~its so bright and cheery! Super FUN card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

Lovely card with great colors! It's bright, cheery, and happy and I love the bicycles!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bow! :)

Kimberly

Kristie W. said...

This card is so bright and happy! It makes me smile every time I've looked at it this week :)