Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Well, it is looking like we are having blogger issues today, so our scheduled Crazy About Cricut Thankful Thursday All-American Blog Hop may be postponed for the time being.

I've decided since my family and some friends enjoy coming here on Thursday to see what my girlies have been working on (and since Oldest E loves seeing her creations on the computer), that I am going to start posting our family projects every Thursday throughout the summer, regardless if it is Thankful Thursday or not.  It will also be a good incentive for my Oldest E to brush her hair since people all over the world can see her messy mop!  She is in the phase where she is refusing to let me brush it and/or pull it up!  It drives me crazy to see it in her face, but I know this phase, like many others, will pass (hopefully soon)!

This week, we had fun with a classic summer activity, ROCK PAINTING!!!







It is an inexpensive activity and what kiddo doesn't love to paint!  Your garden or planters will look so much more colorful with these little masterpieces and since we used fingerpaints, a quick swipe with the hose cleaned the whole mess up!!

Hopefully we'll be able to get the Hop rolling today, but if not, we'll have it for you soon! 
Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Kimberly J. said...

Great Project!! I love painting with our kiddos!! TFS!! Your girls are beautiful btw :)

Rachel said...

I went through that same dont-brush-my-hair phase, but I also refused to let anyone ever take a picture of me lol...so like 7 years of my life is undocumented! I love the project, and I'm thinking this would actually be great fun for my preschool, and then they could put the rocks in our school gardens! Thanks for the idea!

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

So cute! One of those creations looks like a yummy piece of wrapped candy!

I'm going to have to try this with my son. And...at least your daughter has clothes on! I'm still in my PJs and my boy is running around with his hand down his diaper. Seriously. :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Yeah I guess all mum daughter duos go through hair issues! I had daily fights when my little one was growing hers and then one day I declared we were cutting it!!!
I love the stone painting. I have been wanting to do that for some time now. Thank You for sharing Amber
Love Sonia

JulieK said...

Rock painting rocks! When they're done with yours they can come and paint all of mine!
The other day I was trying to take my girls shopping and was getting a little irritated that it was taking them so long to get ready. As we were ready to walk out the door I noticed that one had not brushed her hair (all day). I said "I can't believe you haven't even brushed your hair." She said, "Yep, but at least I have pants on." To which I replied, "That's right. Let's go." Gotta love the kids!
:)

Kristie W. said...

LOL about E's hair!! My mother had the same problems with me when I was younger - please don't do what she did. I ended up with one of those cuts that looks like I had a bowl on my head lol. Rock painting looks like it was a blast!

Kate said...

What fun! Anything that messy has got to be fun!!
I laughed about your daughter's hair. My younger sister was the same way... and grew up to model for Armani!! And my almost 17-year old daughter would rather be late than not have her hair be just right. So don't worry!!