Monday, April 18, 2011

Just Hatched LO

One of the perks of volunteering at my kiddos preschool are the fun pictures their teacher (who is also a photographer) takes of all of my girls.  The second that she showed me this pic, I started singing in my head, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" and now every time the girls see the pic, they sing the song too! 
I knew I had to run home and scrapbook this picture, and I knew I wanted to use the chick from Simply Charmed but it turned out to be a tricky pic to scrapbook!  The colors in the picture are so bold and bright, that I had a hard time matching them up!   This is what I ended up with.



I would have loved to move the picture up and place the journal egg elsewhere, but the girlies slapped them down before I had a chance to place them.  Normally, this wouldn't be a problem to pull up but I had to use glue dots (which are permanent the second they hit) for the entire LO because I am out of my ATG tape!  GASP...can you believe that hoarder me let myself run out!  I have so many projects to get done that I haven't had time to run to Michael's.  
I did finally finished all of my Easter Orders and now I am pressed for time to finish my projects for the school.  Here is one of the little guys I am working on.  The bunny is from Oriental Trading but I am adding the cross around his neck so it relays the real meaning of Easter to the preschoolers!   The girls are doing their part by punching out all the scalloped ovals!
Products Used (LO):
  • Stampin' Up! CS, Large Oval Punch and Ink
  • Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge
  • My Creative Time Color Me Happy Stamp Set
  • Stickles
Products Used (Bunny):
  • Bunny from Oriental Trading
  • Stampin' Up! Scalloped Circle Punch
  • Indie Art Cricut Cartridge (cross)
  • My Pink Stamper More Faithful Sayings Stamp Set
  • StazOn Ink
Challenges:
K Andrews Simply Sunday Challenge I'll Sing You a Song Challenge
FCCB Challenge Me Monday #56 Do the Bunny Hop (Use a Bunny or Chick)
Scraps 4 Fun Use Your Scraps Challenge

16 comments:

vi said...

Very Cute!

Kathy said...

This is really cute and I love your blog. Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Kathy Getting Cricky Design Team member
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com/

JulieK said...

So cute!- the LO and your daughter!! You sound so busy- do you ever slow down? I need some of your energy!

Christine said...

I love your layout. You daughter is adorable and the lo is so cute.

girlia said...

what an adorable LO with pics!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Adorable photo!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, this LO is adorable. Love the picture but that egg is too cute
Thanks for joining in the Simply Sundays are Getting Cricky.
Hugs
Brenda Getting Cricky DTM
http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

Crafting with Faith said...

This is an adorable photo and a great Layout to go with it...I think its awesome that your girls helped out with it.

BugBites said...

Great Layout and love the bunny idea and getting the kids involved. Thanks for Playing along with us this week at FCCB.

BugBites said...

Great Layout and love the bunny idea and getting the kids involved. Thanks for Playing along with us this week at FCCB.

Emily said...

This is way to cute, and that photo is darling!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber--this is absolutely gorgeous girl! WOWEEE! I love the picture (how insanely amazing is that photo of your precious one?) and how you made a scene on your layout to match! Brilliant!
Thank you for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge.

Big Cricky Hugs,
K Andrew of Getting Cricky!
www.gettingcricky.com

Tamara said...

This is precious! Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

Tamara (Fellow My Craft Spot DT member!)http://happylifecraftywife.typepad.com/

Maquel said...

Your LO is soooo adorable!! I love the shine on the eggshell! Great work!! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!!

Maquel
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Lisa Norris said...

Sooooo adorable! Both of your chickies are just precious! :o) Thanks so much for playing along this week at FCCB! :o)

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Haven_mom4 said...

very cute LO