Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Hubby

Today is my hubby's birthday!  He and his twin sister are April Fool's Babies!  So naturally, we like to play some friendly jokes on each other each year.  Last year I got him good!  I had found an old positive pregnancy test from our last Baby E.  I laid it on the bathroom sink so he would see it when he got ready for work...hehehe!  Now, we've had 3 kids in 4 years.  It is not in our best interest right now to have more any time soon so of course he woke me up in a panic!  I went along with the joke and it wasn't until later in the morning that he realized I played him good...hehehe!!!  I'm kind of worried what he has planned for me this year!
I've been waiting to post his card, because I didn't want him seeing it.  He loved his Grilling Fever LO so much that I wanted to make him a card similar to it.  This is what I came up with!


I would have like to use the hamburger, but I couldn't find a funny or punny stamp to use with it!  Happy Birthday Honey! 

Products Used:
  • Scraps of Stampin' Up CS and Scraps of Bo Bunny Double Dot Paper
  • Pink By Design Simply Everything Stamp Set
  • Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge
  • Stampin' Up! Oval Punch
  • White Gel Roll Pen
  • Michael's Ribbon
Challenges:
Cooking With Cricut C-23 Funny Quote, Saying or Pun
Wacky Wednesday #32 Something Funny
Scraps 4 Fun Use Your Scraps

Thanks for stopping by!

This card was a winner at Cooking with Cricut!


13 comments:

Jean said...

How cute!! Love that hot dog. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Unknown said...

Super cute! :) That is one of my favorite sentiment stamps.

Kristie W. said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! The card is so cute! Great dimension on the hot dog.

GiGi said...

This is so cute! I LOVE that hot dog!

teachermom5 said...

Cute little hot dog! I am sure your hubby loved it. That sentiment is just perfect.

Madison said...

What a cute card:) Hope he wasn't mad at you for the April Fools' trick! Thanks for joining us once again at Cooking With Cricut.
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Crafting with Faith said...

I really love this card and your grilling LO! You have given me some good ideas for my Dad (he is such Grill Master). I look forward to reading your post everyday TFS!

Raven B said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at cooking with cricut.
Hugs,
Raven

Jen said...

Oooh! Such a wicked trick, Amber! LOL, love it!! Hope hubby got over the major shock and had a happy birthday. Great card --- Thanks for taking time to join us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

That hot dog is way too cute to eat!!

I had 3 kids in 3 years, but I had help with my oldest- she was 4 years older than the first set of three. It was crazy and is finally getting easier :)

*hugs* -Paper Panther

Jen said...

CONGRATS, Amber! You're Cooking With Cricut's Top Chef and you won the amazing prize package from "My Pink Stamper"! Way to go!

~ Jen

JulieK said...

Yay!!! You won at Cooking with Cricut! Congrats!

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Congratulations to you too Amber! That stamp set is so cute! I love your birthday card for your hubby, perfect for his love of grilling! haha I'm sure your practical joke got him good for April fool's too :)

♥ Rayna