Monday, March 14, 2011

Signs of the Time LO

I haven't had much scrapping time today but I did get the chance to make one Spring layout.  This is my Signs of the Time LO.     

Last week I won Top Chef at Cooking with Cricut and won a free Digi Stamp!  I have to admit that I've never used Digi Stamps before.  I didn't even know if I would because I didn't have a functional printer.  Well, guess what...I sat up all night last night and got our printer to work with my laptop just so I could play with this Digi!  I wish I would not have done it on the first night of Daylight Savings Time but it is working!!  My coloring skills are a little rusty (I spend most of my time coloring with crayons these days) but I love how cute this little guy is!!

For the CWC challenge there needs to be a time piece on my project so I cut out the months of Spring from a calendar and popped them up on the sides of the title.  I cut the title from a scrap piece of tie dyed looking paper.  I love how it turned out!

This is the first and last time I've ever used Walk in My Garden.  I borrowed it from a friend so it is not loaded in my gypsy (definetly a cart you need the gypsy for)!  The flowers are so cute but they have so many pieces that need cut in different colors!

I can't wait for Spring so I can get some great pics of the girls out in the flower bed!!

Products Used:
  • Stampin' Up! CS (background piece)
  • Scrap Pile Paper and CS
  • Walk in My Garden Cricut Cartridge
  • Hello Kitty Fonts Cricut Cartridge
  • Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut Cartridge
  • Digi Stamp from  Papercraftingworld.com
  • SU Stampin' Write Markers
  • SU Cute as a Bug Stamp Set (Cricket Stamp)
  • Sandylion Ant Stickers  
Challenges:
Cooking with Cricut Challenge #20 Time to Spring Forward
Craft Us Crazy Challenge #3 Be One with Nature
Scraps 4 Fun Use your Scraps Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today!




8 comments:

MaryB said...

Oh my goodness - this is just awesome. The digi you used fit your design perfectly. Great job.

Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy. Please come again because we would love to see more of your work.

Kristie W. said...

Very cute! Great job getting the printer working too!

Christy said...

I think you did a great job. I love the bugs on the ground. This is super cute. TFS!

Christy
http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

scrapstampcrazy said...

The flowers are so beautiful all those little cuts made it so worthwhile.

Melinda Beltran said...

WOW What a Fabulous JOB! I just love how it turned out! Your coloring skills are NOT as rusty as you think...lol! Love it! Thank you SO MUCH for playing with us at CWC! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com

Jen said...

Awesome layout, Amber! Love what you did with the digi stamp -- too cute! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Madison said...

Amber! I love what yo did with the digi stamp you won last week:) What a cute LO! Your coloring looks great. I'm glad you entered again this week at Cooking With Cricut. The colors are so pretty and the design is just so adorable!!! Well done :) TFS!
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Great layout, love how you used the digistamp. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.