Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cute as a Bug Birthday Card

Another non-Cricut Project for today!  Without power, I was forced to stamp!  I've been using my Cricut so much lately, that I forgot how relaxing it is to just sit and stamp!  I'll be entering this card into one of my new favorite challenge blogs GAB!  They are so sweet over there!  This week their theme for challenge #7 is Birthday!  I thought I would stamp a birthday card for a little friend who is into bugs!  I knew the Stampin' Up! Bugs & Kisses set would be perfect for this little bug catcher! 


I had to take 15 pictures just to get these 3 decent ones (silly camera)!  I'm thinking I may need to pull out the book and see if there is something I am missing!  Once I get it fixed, I will be keeping it far from the reach of Baby E!


I used my Stampin' Write Markers to stamp the dragon fly and popped it up with some dimensionals!  The grass is from SU Inspired by Nature Stamp set (it is one of my favs)!


The "cute as a bug" was left over from a previous project and it just happened to work perfectly for this card.  If I remember correctly, I believe it was heat embossed with glitter embossing powder.  I stamped the base of the card with the dragon fly using VersaMark.  I love the way it turned out! 
Sorry it is not your typical Birthday Theme for a little girl, but this card is so her!  I was thinking maybe I should save it for a spring/summer challenge but then I figured it would be fun to share!  This could easily be done in blues/greens and make it for a little boy too!

Products Used: 
***Everything is from Stampin' Up!***
  • CS Scraps Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
  • Top Note Die
  • Bugs & Kisses Stamp Set
  • Inspired by Nature Stamp Set
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
  • Stampin' Write Markers Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, Always Artichoke, Garden Green
  • Classic Stampin' Pads Always Artichoke, Garden Green, Elegant Eggplant
  • VersaMark
  •  1 3/4" Circle Punch
  • Dimensionals
Challenges:
GAB Challenge #7 Birthday Theme
Scraps 4 Fun Use your Scraps Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today!   Have a great day!

8 comments:

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute.love the way you used your markers to pop the image out.love the colors.

Kristie W. said...

Great card! I'd go crazy with no power but on the off chance we lose it around here at night so now stamping for me. You are talented with stamps and the Cricut!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful card :) Check my blog, I have an award for you TFS

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Love the sparkle!

Lisa Norris said...

Hi! I have a blog award for you. Check it out here: http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
Have a great day!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

Amber, I have a really cool award over on my blog for you
http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Ashley Nicole said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the dragonfly. Thank you for your sweet comment about the GAB blog. We are glad you are enjoying the challenges. Thanks for joining us this week.
Nikki

Just Me said...

Great card. I like the dragonfly, the colors are great. Thanks for joining the GAB Challenge this week.
Joyce