Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #4

I am sooooo excited today!  Do you know why?  That's right, it is my very first Design Team Day at Celebrate the Occasion!  Even though I was quite sick last week, I still made something very special for the occasion!  I could not make it to the craft store so I was limited to what I had on hand (although my mother-in-law did stop by ACMoore to pick up some shamrock pattern paper for me...thanks Mom)!
Challenge #4 for Celebrate the Occasion is St. Patrick's Day and the Design Team has some inspirational projects for you!  I created a 2 page layout for the occasion.
I used my sewing machine to stitch the shamrock paper as well as the photo mats.  I embossed with Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder on the photo mats and added a strip of green glitter ribbon to tuck my pics under.   

I welded a bunch of clovers from Paper Dolls Dress Up together with my Gypsy to get a clover field for this cute little Leprechaun(Simply Charmed) to dance in. I sponged all the clovers and added some on top of the welded image with different brand dimensionals to get several different layers of clovers.  

Now for the bright rainbow, this element did take some thought.  There is not a rainbow on any of the Cricut cartridges that stretches well across a 2 page LO so I needed to make my own rainbow.  At first, I was going to use buttons, but I did not have enough colors on hand.  I needed to find something (beside paper) that I have a lot of and in several colors.  What did I find....RIBBON!!!!  I ran my tape runner across the entire length of the ribbon then carefully layed it out.  I really like the way it turned out! 

The pot of gold is from one of my new favorite carts, Simply Charmed!  I wanted to give it a full look so I layered it.

and for the Gold inside the pot, I cut the background out with gold paper, sponged it then adhered the top layer and stickled the edges!

Products Used:
  • Stampin' Up! Solid Cardstock
  • Recollections Gold Paper
  • Karen Foster Design Pot O Gold Collage Paper
  • Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut Cartridge (Shamrocks)
  • Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge (Leprechaun and Pot of Gold)
  • Country Life Cricut Cartridge (Title)
  • Divine Swirls Cuttlebug Folder
  • Michael's Ribbon
  • Stampin' Up! Ink
  • Gold Stickles

I did not make it out of the house to print my pictures but here are Mommy's Leprechauns.


Thanks for stopping by to see my first DT project!  I hope you like it!  Stop by Celebrate the Occasion and check out all the other fabulous Design Team projects and be sure to link up your St. Patty's Day project!

18 comments:

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Wow, those little cuties are going to look great with you LO. Great job :)

DIANA L. said...

What a super LAYOUT. I just love the colors and all the elements that you used. It is great being on the CTO DT with you.
I have a give away over on my blog you might be interested
http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa Norris said...

What an ADORABLE layout! I love that the the leprechaun is jumping in a pile of shamrocks! How cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Savahanna said...

Super cute layout. I just love all the details.

Cathie Rigby said...

Your project is super cute-and your leprechauns are even cuter!! Please contact me with your Snail Mail at Rcathierigby@aol.com You have won the Creative Cutter Room's Patriotic Blog Hop Challenge. Congrats Cathie

Adrian said...

Very cute LO and love the leprechauns, 2 cute:)

Missy said...

This is a great layout!!!! Love the clover field!!! And the pic of your girls are darling!!!! ;)

Melissa said...

What a great layout, love the embossing and the stitching, fabulous! YOU ROCK!

Tammy Schmitt said...

I love your LO! I wish I had time to do LOs. I may need to CASE yours;-) Your girls are adorable. My only girl is 14 now and never let me dress her up "girly girl" style:-( My other 2 are boys and they definitely won't let me dress them up "girly girl" style:-D Thanks for stopping at my blog.

girlia said...

Awesome LO and the pics will be great with it

Linda said...

Such a great layout...& your girls are adorable!! :) Great job!! :)
Linda:)

CraftyJAR said...

Such adorable Leprechauns! It such a wonderful layout! I love the layering of the ribbon, I think the sheen adds to the layout.
Judy

Aim said...

The pictures of the girls will be perfect on this layout!! You did a fantastic job!! Love the rainbow ribbon!!

The CTO DT really created some amazing projects this week!! :) TFS!!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Wow Amber, awesome job! I love the sparklies, embossing and the layered shamrocks! The ribbon rainbow is genius, how creative! What cute photos of your girls :)

♥ Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com/

Maquel said...

Great job! All those shamrocks took plenty of time, I'm sure!! Love it! Great job with DT inspiration!!

Maquel (Fellow DT member)
http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

Laverne said...

Love the Layout and all the detail...awesome job with the rainbow made of ribbons!

Welcome to the Design Team!

Fellow Design Team member & Follower.

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

Wow- you really are amazing! What great work you did- sick too? Amazing!1 I love this layout, it is the most amazing St. Patty's layout I have ever seen- and your girls get more and more beautiful with every day. Great photos of them. Is that at a studio??-Paper Panther
purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

This layout is adorable
Sylvia
Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com