Monday, February 7, 2011

St Patty's Day Card, Hamster Card, Game Day Snack

Still in a funk today but I just keep crafting away.  I've been dying to use my new stamps from My Creative Time.  This stamp comes from her I Believe in Leprechauns set and I used the Paper Dolls cart.  This one is for the Mojo Monday 177 Contest. 
I was hoping it would get my "Mojo" going but its not quite there yet!  Oh well, there is always tomorrow! 
 I also wanted to post the cute little creature I made for my nephews birthday over the weekend.  I had to wait to post it until he got his card today because I didn't want my sister to see it!  This one was made with My Pink Stamper Stamps and Four Legged Friends Cart.

I do have a cute little story to share about our game day snack.  We are always asked to bring Buffalo Chicken Dip to every game, event, etc. at the cabin.  So last night I was mixing together the dish.  It is very easy, a pkg of cream cheese softened, a cup of ranch dressing, Franks Hot Sauce (I buy this in bulk and I am not sure how much I dump in but I think it may be around 8oz), about a cup of chopped celery, and a few grilled boneless/skinless chicken breasts or you can use a can or two of canned chicken. Throw it all together in a bowl, mix, bake at 350 for about 20 mins(until bubbly).  We dip tostitos in it!  I make it so often, that I can make it in my sleep!  Anyway, I did not have any chicken breasts in the freezer, so I asked my 4 year to go to the pantry and grab a can of chicken.  I love that I can do this now since she is starting to read.  I tell her to sound out the word and look at the cans.  So she comes back and hands me the can.  I opened it and had her drain it and throw it in as I'm mixing.  So as I'm mixing, I am looking at it thinking "this does not look right and it smells funny"!  OMGoodness!!!  I look at the can and she brought me "CHICKEN OF THE SEA"!!!  Needless to say, Tuna Buffalo Dip wouldn't go over well with the guys!!  My kids didn't mind having it for lunch today!  It wasn't that bad but for now on I plan on actually looking at the cans she brings me!!

3 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

"Chicken of the Sea" that's classic! Thanks for leaving the sweet comments on my blog - that hamster card is certainly cute! Makes me a bit sad I passed on that cartridge on black friday. TFS!

CarrieAnne

Debbie Carriere said...

Darling cards! That shamrock is soo cute! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday :)

Abdul bari said...

Still in a funk today but I just keep crafting away. I've been dying to use my new stamps from My Creative Time. This stamp comes from her I Believe in Leprechauns set and I used the Paper Dolls cart. Free Ultimate Game Card