Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team Challenge

Why did I start a blog?????  This is going to be a long entry....
Well, I was surfing the net one lonely night several months ago, looking at Cricut Cartridges and the Cricut Message Boards and then to Hallmark Scrapbooking (anyone who owns a Cricut can see a trend here) when what did I find.  I found the cutest card with the cutest saying stamped on it!  This stamp looked like it was made just for this Cricut Cut.  So where did this come from?  I start looking around and all I could find was that it was from MPS.  What is MPS?  So I hop back over to the Cricut Message Board because if there are stamps that are made to go with the cricut cartridges, someone is going to be talking about it there.  There someone mentions My Pink Stamper.  Hmm...could this be MPS?  I Google it and what I found was a Papercrafters jackpot!!  There was not just one small set of stamps that compliment the Cricut but an entire line of them!!!  Woo-Hoo!  From My Pink Stamper, I found this whole world of very, very talented women who share their world of crafts by blogging!  I'm now addicted!! 
So, anyone who knows me, is aware that I'm heading out for a scrapbooking getaway this weekend.  All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go.  Then to my excitement I see that Robyn at My Pink Stamper is choosing 2 new Design Team members.  AHHHH...  I'm so excited, but every essential tool, including my Cricut, is packed.  In order to be considered for one of these spots, you must have a blog, so I decided since it was one of my New Year goals to share my talent with as many people as possible, I will start a blog (just in case I get a free minute to make something).  As the week progressed, I decided I would just wait until next time, but it drove me nuts all week.  Here, I find myself, the night of the deadline, and all of my neatly organized packing is now strewn around my room because I cannot stand the idea of passing up this opportunity.  The challenge is to make a card, scrapbook page, or other Cricut project with your favorite cartridge using Robyn's favorite colors...Pink, Green, Brown, and a color of our choice. 
For my scrapbook page, I used Twinkle Toes which is my favorite cart right now and my additional color is yellow (I hope the black and white do not count). 
Solid cardstocks are Stampin' Up!
Yellow Glitter paper is DCWV
Green Glitter paper was open stock from LSS
Ribbon is Stampin' Up!
I added a tulle tutu to my little ballerina to add to her cute factor

This page has a lot of dimension and the pictures just do not do it justice.

  
I wish I would have taken more time for this challenge (mental note...next time I will unpack the goods the second I hear of an opportunity)!.  At this point the deadline is within the hour and my Blogger is not working.  I do not think this is going to be submitted in time but at least I know I tried.  
(MY BLOGGER WOULD NOT WORK ALL NIGHT SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO SUBMIT MY ENTRY.  I GUESS IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE.  THERE WILL ALWAYS BE NEXT TIME)!

1 comments:

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

This is such a clever and adorable layout, so cute! I want you to know that we featured this project over at Fantabulous Cricut for our "Scrappin' Saturday" post.
You can see it here...
http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2011/09/scrappin-saturday-splash-of-colour.html

Have a great day!
Robin :)